Lesson 27: I Can't Come In
第27课:我不能去上班了
Anna: Hello! I am sure that today, in Washington, D.C,. there are a lot of great things to do. But I am not doing any of them. I am sick. Right now, I'm going to call my boss and tell her I cannot come in to work.
安娜:你好!我确信今天在华盛顿特区有很多伟大的事情要做。但我没有做任何一件事。我病了。现在,我要给我的老板打电话,告诉她我不能去上班了。
Caty: Hello?
凯蒂:你好?
Anna: Ms. Weaver, Hi. I can’t come to work today.
安娜:韦弗女士,你好。我今天不能来上班了。
Caty: Why not? What is wrong?
凯蒂:为什么呢?出什么事儿了吗?
Anna: Well, yesterday I felt fine.
安娜:嗯,昨天我感觉很好。
Anna: In the morning, I painted for hours. In the afternoon, I cut wood. Then, I built a fire.
安娜:早上,我画画画了好几个小时。下午,我砍柴。然后,我生了一堆火。
Caty: Anna, what do you mean? Why can’t you come to work today?
凯蒂:安娜,你什么意思?你今天为什么不能来上班?
Anna: I do not feel well. I think I’m sick.
安娜:我觉得不舒服。我想我病了。
Caty: I’m sorry to hear that. I was sick last week, too. I had the flu.
凯蒂:听到这个消息我很难过。我上星期也病了。我得了流感。
Anna: (sneezes) What did you do?
安娜:(打喷嚏)你做了什么?
Caty: I slept a lot and I drank a lot of water. Do you have a doctor?
凯蒂:我睡了很多觉,喝了很多水。你看医生了吗?
Anna: Yes, I do.
安娜:嗯嗯,看了。
Caty: You should call your doctor. And get lots of rest!
凯蒂:你应该给你的医生打电话。然后好好休息!
Anna: Thanks, Ms. Weaver. I’ll call right now. I'm calling my doctor.
安娜:谢谢,韦弗女士。我马上打电话给我的医生。
Dr. Bennett: (to herself) Now, where does this thing go?
班纳特医生:(自言自语)现在,这东西去哪儿了?
Dr. Bennett: Hello. This is Dr. Bennett. How can I help you?
班纳特医生:你好。我是班纳特医生。我能帮你什么吗?
Anna: Hello, Dr. Bennett. This is Anna.
安娜:你好,班纳特医生。我是安娜。
Dr. Bennett: Oh, Hi, Anna. How can I help you?
班纳特医生:哦,嗨,安娜。我能帮你什么吗?
Anna: I think I’m sick.
安娜:我想我病了。
Dr. Bennett: Let me ask you a couple of questions. Do you have a sore throat?
班纳特医生:我来问你几个问题。你喉咙痛吗?
Anna: Yes. I have a sore throat.
安娜:是的。我嗓子疼。
Dr. Bennett: Do you have a cough?
班纳特医生:咳嗽吗?
Anna: Yes. I have a cough.
安娜:咳嗽。
Dr. Bennett: When did you start feeling sick?
班纳特医生:你什么时候开始觉得不舒服的?
Anna: This morning. Yesterday I felt great. In the morning I painted, for hours - in the afternoon I cut wood -
安娜:今天早上。昨天我感觉很好。早上我画画,几个小时——下午我砍柴——
Dr. Bennett: Excuse me, Anna. But I don’t need to know all that. Do you have a fever?
班纳特医生:打扰一下,安娜。但我不需要知道所有这些。你发烧吗?
Anna: Oh. My thermometer says 125 degrees?! What??
安娜:噢。我的温度计显示125度?!
Dr. Bennett: Yeah, that’s not right.
班纳特医生:情况不太好。
Anna: Oh. Wait. The thermometer was in my hot cup of coffee.
安娜:噢。等一下。温度计在我的热咖啡里。
Dr. Bennett: Please take it again, Anna.
班纳特医生:安娜,请再量一次。
Anna: Okay, the thermometer says 100.5 degrees.
安娜:好的,温度计显示的是100.5度。
Dr. Bennett: 100.5 degrees is not too high. I want you to drink lots of water. Rest in bed and get lots of sleep.
班纳特医生:100.5度不是太高。你多喝水。在床上休息,保证充足的睡眠。
Anna: That is what my boss said to do. Um, Dr. Bennett, when can I go to work?
安娜:我老板就是这么说的。班纳特医生,我什么时候可以去上班?
Dr. Bennett: Don’t go to work for a couple of days.
班纳特医生:这几天都不要去上班了。
Anna: Yes! I mean, I don’t want to make my co-workers sick.
安娜:是的!我是说,我不想让我的同事也被传染生病。
Dr. Bennett: That’s right. Call me back in a couple of days.
班纳特医生:没错。过几天给我回电话。
Anna: I will, Dr. Bennett. And thanks.
安娜:我会的,班纳特医生,谢谢您。
Anna: Well, you heard the doctor – no work for a couple of days. I need water, sleep and um … lots of movies! Well, the doctor didn’t say anything about movies. But it can’t hurt! Until next time!
安娜:嗯,你听医生说了,这几天不要工作了。我需要水、睡眠和很多电影!医生没有说任何关于电影的事。但这不会有害!下次见啦!